Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G94 callout

Jayson Kramer

I've seen Matsuuras that use a G93 and G94 on a tapping cycle to synchronize the ball screw and spindle.

could this be a remnant of bad coding that allows it to output on a drill cycle instead of only the tapping cycle?

This is true for sure; that's why I have G94 in my 'safety lines' at the beginning of each tool. I don't know jack about horizontals, but G94 in general is IPM feedrate as Chuck said. John is also correct that Matsuura uses G93 for IPR feed in tapping, or at least did in the Yasnac MX control days.

When they added the IPM/pitch tapping and IPM/IPR feed rate switches to mpmaster, they started forcing G94 as a saftey feature.

Most machining centers default to G94 and you can run one for years without ever knowing what its for.

The only thing I've had to deal with is operators whining about "weird" code rolleyes.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

For tapping I ALWAYS post out IPR. That way I can change a spindle speed and and not have to calc the new feedrate.

JM2C

Jamy I'll be ther on monday and I'll kick you one of my posts for the Yoda.

quote:

For tapping I ALWAYS post out IPR. That way I can change a spindle speed and and not have to calc the new feedrate.

Never use to do this but when I started my business I started all new and the new post I now use and fanuc control does this now. At first I thought it was a mistake. Now I prefer it. Just as James said. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif