Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sharing Information

sausage

Apparently there is a problem with some people on this forum who want to segregate the intermediate users from the experts.

I used mastercam in an educational enviorment. As such, solids were not available. I have a demo version of MC 8.0 and would like to know more about solids.

If that is a problem on this forum, then it is stratification and has no place in industrial society or elsewhere.

Productdevelopmentguy

You foot the thousands of dollars for me to go to training, and I'll smoke you.

Sausage, we have been helping you along.

And you are stepping on some large toes.

I spend hours a week helping people like your self and do not complain till the people I help for free start complaining.

quote:

Productdevelopmentguy

You foot the thousands of dollars for me to go to training,

PDG was not knocking you down. Just trying to say that it is hard to teach a whole glass of solids to you over the forum.

I teach 4 Classes a week at this time and program and support and help here.

This is allot of work. (Not say I do not enjoy it all.)

quote:

and I'll smoke you.

Now for this comment you always have the option to be cocky.

But be careful who you pick to challange.

In some case's there is a slim chance in hell you could come close.

Now if you want to step back and let us help you this is possible.

But I thing you should retract your thought here.

Also you might see if a college near you offers mastercam.

This way as a college student the cost will be small if you have to foot the bill.

Enough said; I have another class to teach in 30min.

[ 06-05-2002, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

a book costs $100 tops

I have learned several CAD packages and 2 CAM packages from experimenting and by buying all the books I can find on the program in question.

there is no subsitute for sitting down and just doing it. when you are stumped... crack a book... then if that one doesn't help then try another usualy it will hit you how to do it and you surely will not forget.

sure if you got to get a part machined or just can not figure it out with what you have then by all means we will help.

[ 06-04-2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: ERIC14779 ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Productdevelopmentguy

You foot the thousands of dollars for me to go to training, and I'll smoke you.

What an idiot. He obviously has no clue who PDG is. Well since sausage boy is gone we can all use this a learning experience. PDG is the Product Development Manager at CNC Software. He actually writes code for Mastercam and helps drive development. Very smart guy and he's always wiling to help out where he can. He's even asked me questions about bugs I've reported to MC.

See here for the forum's un written rules Forum Unwritten Rules

sausage wanna bet

I can smoke the PDG guy.

With sausages current attitude, what would he do the first time he had a question?

The people that I know that are good toolmakers and programmers never quit and rarely ask questions.

If the president of Cnc Software tells me to do something I get it done (no whining). I have way to much false pride to ask anyone for help and it seems like people that call themselves toolmakers are the same way.

Sausage talks tuff but if he was any good at all he would have at least tried to teach himself.

Maybe if we get him mad enough he'll sober up and learn mastercam out of spite.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Maybe if we get him mad enough he'll sober up and learn mastercam out of spite.

Doubt it. People like that have a tendency to blame others for their deficiencies(sp?) He'll be an operator for life if he's lucky with an attitude liek that. Smoke PDG. Yeah right. In his wettest of dreams, DOH!, can I say that in here?