Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 chook wish list

DavidB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

David.

It was working and now it's not?

Arc MultiEdit.dll

For X3 the id is -> [version: 12.0.4.27]

*Is this with X3 or X3-MU1?

This shouldn't make any difference, but it's something we'd need to know.

*Has anything been changed changed in Mastercam?

*Are you using a different setting in the CHook?

Pre-selecting geometry vs. selecting the arcs after starting the CHook, etc.

*Exactly when in the process of running the CHook do you get the error?

Details please, as without them there is not much I can say except - "it's working fine for me".

roger

its working for me today. i restarted my computer and started with a fresh mcx session and it works.

when it didnt work i had mcx open 2x. i selected the arcs as prompted when i hit the green ok icon or enter i got the errors. i dont know if its because of the first time using it in the system or lack of memory (i regen some toolpaths earlier) i have the same version of the dll you have and using x3 HTH cool.gif

roger

ok i was playing around with the different c-hooks and now multi arc edit wont work

mastercam is only open once, no solids on the screen just some 2d wireframe no restart of computer but i was regen some big toolpaths earlier mcx crashed (slow computer), reopened it and started messing around with the c-hooks and now i get the error

headscratch.gif

Roger I downloaded the Arc multi edit chook off the FTP site.

Withg MC closed I installed it, I opened MC set the Arc multi edit icon up into my toolbar state and used it.It worked fine.

Next day I came in used MC hit the Arc multi edit icon I got the same two errors as the guys above.

YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS GUYS TODAY IT WORKS. confused.gif

ARCMULTI.jpg

What I'm guessing (and I do mean guessing) is that these issues may be "part related".

Arc MultEdit does more than just change the size of the selected arcs...

Arcs that are altered may have associations:

So, it must also command Mastercam to ->

*Mark any operations 'dirty' that reference a changed arc.

*Mark any solids 'dirty' that reference a changed arc.

*To update all Drafting in case the arcs being altered have associated dimension(s).

So if anyone sees a pattern that involves one of the above - please let me know.

Also, are you see issues in running it with; X3 or X3-MU1 or both?

Jay,

Yes, I got it.

Looks like you're in Design with no other items (Toolpath, Solids, Dimensions) "associated" with the Arcs. eek.gif

And the 'Unsupported..." error pops up even before the Arc MultiEdit dialog!

I just did a re-install of X3-MU1 and the Arc MultiEdit from the forum FTP site and...

It works for me. No, that doesn't make me happy! mad.gif

If I could reproduce that error condition, I could then have a idea of where to look for a solution.

I'll post updates in this thread when I have any further info or questions.

For all you Arc MultiEdit fans. cool.gif

I've uploaded a rebuilt version (12.0.4.28) of Arc MultiEdit to the X3_Add_Ons folder of the forum FTP site.

In the Arc MultiEdit (X3).zip (dated today)

you'll find an .EXE installer package that will install the new Arc MultEdit add-on.

*** Before you install this, you will want to uninstall any current version of the add-on.

From Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, you want to uninstall the “Mastercam X3 (Arc Multi-Edit Add-on)” item. ***

• 1 year later...