Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 verify slowing down?

cobra95kev

When I first installed X3 the difference in verify speed was huge but I turned on the disable the hardware acceleration because I was having some issues with the graphics becoming kind of transparent. So it slowed down and the graphics went back to normal for X2MR2 but I decided I wanted the speed back so I unchecked the disable hardware acceleration button and saved it to the config and restarted Mastercam and the setting stuck but my verify is still going slow like X2MR2?

So I uninstalled all version of MCX and cleaned out the registry and reinstalled X3 from scratch and it is still running slow. I even updated my video drivers and still slow.

Right now I have a geforce 7300 SE, but we have new Quadros we are waiting on IT to get installed.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

My workstation has been slowing down over a period of 6 months. I found out by accident what was causing it. We are on a network and my login is the culprit. Someone else was logged into my computer last week and I had to do a quick edit to a solid and regen/repost. I noticed it was way fast on his login. After I finished what I was doing, I logged myself back in and ran benchmark and it was 11:48. Logged back in on the other guy on the same computer and ran benchmark in 5:38 which is close to what it ran back in November 2007. I dont know if you're on network or not, but it might be something to look into.

HTH

My computer is the same way. I can uplug from our network and it will run Verify way faster, sometime 5x as fast as when on the network. I have spoke with IT, but they claim there is nothing that will cause that. How ever I can prove something is happening because of the time differences.

The older your account on the pc the larger your account becomes. Go to Control Panel/System/User Profiles/Settings and look at the size of the accounts. The only thing I have had work to restore performance is to reinstall all software including Windoze or create a new account and delete the old one. Wiping the HDD and starting from scratch works the best. Some IT folks don't like to hear that tho....

[ 09-08-2008, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: iowajim62 ]

I deleted the old account and created a new one. I wear many hats around here and IT guy is one of them. I feel sorry for the people that have an actual IT guy, because I can be a real pain in the arse.....j/k

I'm actually better than an IT Only person because I have been on both sides and actually KNOW how much of a pain an IT guy can be!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I solved this yesterday, for my situation anyway.

I loaded the default config file and my verify went back to using the hardware acceleration and now it is fast again and I am happy.

I think the reason I missed it is there are two places in the config file to turn on the HA.

One is in the screen page and the other which I didn't know about is in the verify settings/miscellaneous page.

Maybe this will help someone else out too.

cheers.gif

I have been having problems with verify stalling out, then crashing if I click on anything. If I just wait it resumes after a minute or two. My box just barely makes the system requirements for X3. I tried turning off HA but makes no difference.

Does this sound like a new card is in order? more ram?