Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Makino post

Kannon

Del,

Here is my Program beginning.

(FIRST THREAD LOCATION X-3.32555 Y.13902)

D01=.0067

D02=.0074

D03=.0054

When the machine reads the above lines it inserts it into the offset of the machine. Then when the machine reads D01 it uses .0067 as the offset. And when it reads the S1528 it reads the conditions of what is set in the machine. These are coming from the power library I have set up in MC. You can also fix the post to read the registers from MC and have that inserted into the beginning of the program. The machine reads the registers and sets them accordingly into the machine.

Here is a snip it of the program.

( SEMI FINISH AND SKIM DOWEL HOLES )

N194 G00 X-3.32555 Y.13902

N196 M20

N198 D02 S1528

N200 G41 G01 X-3.40907 Y.0555

N202 G03 X-3.44344 Y.14625 I.08352 J.08352

N204 M00

N206 G03 X-3.40907 Y.0555 I.11789 J-.00723

N208 G03 X-3.3938 Y.04262 I.08352 J.08352

N210 G40 G01 X-3.38224 Y.05894

N212 M21

N214 G00 X-3.32555 Y.13902

N216 M20

N218 D03 S1523

N220 G41 G01 X-3.40907 Y.0555

N222 G03 X-3.40907 Y.0555 I.08352 J.08352

N224 G03 X-3.3938 Y.04262 I.08352 J.08352

N226 G40 G01 X-3.38224 Y.05894

N228 M21

We just load and go. If you need to tweak the offset you can do it in the program. If you have the regidters in the program you could tweak them in the program as well.

thanks joe, mine just looks like this. i am not familiar with the m21 and m20 codes you are using,are they for flushing?

( 1.00 DIA HOLE )

G0 G90

M31

G77 P1

M15 P0

G92 X0. Y0.

M60

M37

S1 D1

G41 G1 X.5

G3 X-.5 I-.5

X.5 I.5

M00

G40 G1 X0.

M38

S2 D2

G41 G1 X.5

G3 X-.5 I-.5

X.5 I.5

G40 G1 X0.

M38

S3 D3

G41 G1 X.5

G3 X-.5 I-.5

X.5 I.5

G40 G1 X0.

M38

S4 D4

G41 G1 X.5

G3 X-.5 I-.5

X.5 I.5

G40 G1 X0.

M50

M29

M30

%

Bradst, I guess the downfall to the way we are doing things is that we can't setup multiple jobs for overnight runs if they are diffrent materials or thickness due to the fact that we have to set model edh value for every program when we load,before we run. So yes spending the time would be well worth it but so far we have gotten by! I know peps has all the power libraries already in the software and is set up like the makino controls so it posts out e and d values for whatever mat. or thickness you set and never have to mess with the control, but we are running MC and dont plan on buying anyother software. Kind of wish MC would work as closely with the major machine builders like peps does to have these libraries available!!

Some encourage to Makino may pay off sooner than working on MC. A little blue bird told me once that one of the top app's guys at Makino was a MC fan and was trying to set something up. I think he may have run into what I was doing and decided probably to not go any further without an easier way to format the files.

I'm hoping something can be done.

The instructor that came in when we bought the machines used peps and made it sound like all their wire guys used it, and didn't want to bother with MC, more or less said it wouldn't work. I have done alot of programming for that machine including alot of 4x and it has worked great. You would think Mc being the biggest cadcam program in north america would be on top of this, and ahead of peps!!

Nothing against Peps it is a very good software for the machine. The app's guy that was here setting the machine up was very knowledgable and to be honest we basically had Pep's and Mc side by side to get the code we needed from MC. We were able to do what I thougt was the kewlest thing so far with the software. We had our MC VAR here working directly with the App's guy to dial in our post. Pep's did do everything you needed it too for the wire no question. Along the same line as someone else here stated was we didn't want to step into another software if we didn't have too.

great information guys....

Our guys are just now working with the wire library for the mits... they always added the offsets at the machine...

Nice talking with you Brad... your insite has been greatly appreciated.

I didnt get a chance to give ya a ring the other day. Its been crazy at work.

Roger I do I do !!!

What's your email addy (as if you haven't given it enough times somewhere already). I'll gladly send them over for you to review. If you wish Roger you may email me also Brad.Struemke at BSCI.com if you'd prefer. I unfortunately do not have them here at home with me but can get it to you tomorrow morning if your interested.

If your interested I'd gladly like to discuss this further with you in more detail in person. Please shoot me an email for vise versa and I'd be very happy to go further with this.

Thanks

Brad

"variable programs" ?

Help me out Dude, are you asking if the programs use variables or just a whole variety of different programs Brian?

I know my co-worker who came from running Mitsubishi's commented before on they used a lot of variables in the program to give the operator and setup tech's the flexibility in getting the programs into different machines and work coordinates.

Roger,

I believe I might have the Makino manual in a PDF file that shows all the power settings, but i believe there is at least 100 pages of different power settings for every thickness of several materials. I will look for it, I know I sent it to our reseller and they started to look at it and gave us a few samples and said this should get you started but it would take him a very long time to set up all of them!

MakinoPat, I did send in what we had for our machine to Roger also. We had the Ver3 power files and the V5 for the heat also.

As you mentioned it is a HUGE task to take on unless you can utilize a spreadsheet or data software to organize and copy paste a lot of settings and then import them. Let alone the different nozzles, wire sizes, material types and thicknesses. I know there were a couple of other factors I was considering when we started also.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, Sorry Pat not to post back I've been swamped here. Roger did send me back some files to go through again, he's worked really hard on this. I'll try and get to it today. Please feel free to email me through the board or directly at:

Brad.Struemke at BSCI.com Pat if you wish too.

Thanks for the Bump

Brad

Brad, just a note on your post. Since we created the stock to leave functionality has changed from needing to be edited per pass to being a per operation stock to leave. And, on top of that we can have that value added to your radius list at the top of the file. These were major changes that occurred in X2mr2, although the documentation is missing the variable names. Once someone from CNC enlightened me on the variable names it was pretty easy adding the required functionality to the post.