Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where in X3 did Mastercam hide the

g-codeguy

"Enable post file debug information"?

I no sooner find out the best way to run it from a recent thread when we upgraded to X3. Now I can't find how to run it. This is the link to the previous thread.

http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...ic;f=1;t=031601

Typing in fastmode$ = no$ doesn't work anymore. At least not for me. Nor can I find it in the Control Definition.

Thanks.

WOW. First let me ask what page the new post debugger utility is on in the Whats New In Mastercam X3 booklet? I went thru it twice this morning trying to find something about debugging in it. I also looked at the Help, What's New, but did not see a heading that looked like it would contain any information regarding the debugger function.

Enabling the post debugger where Tony and Todd told me to didn't work either. Had to go to All Programs, Mastercam X3, Documentation, Mastercam X3 Post Debuggger User Guide in order to find out that I had to click on that funny little icon on the bottom left corner of the G1 menu.

That is when things got real confusing real fast. I am getting the Post Processer on the left page. It has highlighted the pprep$ line. Can't get it past here. Stack history shows pprep$[PST:1478,16]. What does this mean? What is the WATCHES file? I figured the 1478 was the line number, and maybe 16 was the 16th character in that line that was causing the post to stop here. Nope. That line is the blank one before pprep$ line.

Always knew I wasn't the brightest bulb on the chandelier, but now I feel lower than a dust mite that couldn't move fast enough when the new rug was put down! frown.gif

I suppose this is Mastercam giving us a more powerful tool? Too bad I can't figure out how to use it. Trying to click back-and-forth between my file output, and the "How To" doesn't help me much either. Think a hard copy in front of me would be a bit easier to follow.

Also, once I close the debug file and try to finish running the post, I get a post error, and the file is empty. I can repost without using the debug function, and the output is correct.

How is everyone else using the degug function to modify their posts? Am I going to have to take a class in order to accomplish what I was doing years ago?

Hi G-codeguy,

I've only just started using the new debugger myself today... it takes some head-banging to try to make sense of it - but there should be a PDF file in your McamX3 Documentation folder called "MCAMX3_PostDebuggerUG.pdf". That will get you started (but only if you read it all the way through and don't skip bits biggrin.gif )

The Debugger is in very early days I think and still needs to mature (maybe why you have to debug twice sometime to get some code out) but it will - when you get used to it - show you all the things you were used to when using the old method and more. The only thing I wish it could do at the moment is allow you to edit the post while in the debug window; for that you have to use the normal file editor. One day, maybe!