Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis toolpath

?Mark

Imagine simple hex part rotating on vmc about x axis. As a sample I want to chamfer all 6 sides without retracting a tool and without setting t/c planes for each side.

Can this be done without multi-axis license?

If yes then how?

Under toolpaths mc shows multiaxis-rotary 4 axis but apparently I need a multiaxis license for that.

Many thanks.

It's a simple hexagon, but the principle will be the same for a rectangle as well so lets use a rectangle as a sample (if it simplifies things in any way).

Here is a sample (I'd like to continuously mill from side 1 all the way to side 6):

HEX.jpg

Thanks

[ 10-07-2008, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Mark.B. ]

Yes, it works I just tried it. Although back plot and Verify does not work well on X2MR2.

Assuming the part is oriented with the Y axis going trough the center of the part chain the top of the part with a contour toolpath. Now make sure you pick 3D chamfer! Select rotary axis button. Now select axis substitution and sub the x axis. Now make sure you click on UNROLL. This will tell Mstercam the shape is already rolled up... Enter a diameter, although you only need something in there larger than zero.

Works great...