Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cannot find parasolid data -- SW file

kenfromlodi

I know this has been discussed many times here and I have searched and read all the threads. But I am running into a larger problem that goes deeper.

When i try to register the module it says it is not there. I can see the file "SwDocumentMgr.dll" and it is there and when I run

"regsvr32 swdocumentmgr.dll" it says its a bad command. If I try to register it thru the X utility in the control panel I get an error that says "bad RC from dllregister server"

can any help me with this?

Thanks

SW 2008

X2MR2

Ken,

My next question is too ask why you are trying to register that .DLL? It's registered by the Install and you shouldn't have to worry about it. Based upon the title of this topic, I assume you ran into an issue opening a SolidWorks file, but do you know if its a SW2009 file that X2 MR2 (and X3) can't open because we don't support SW2009 yet?

Can you open ANY SolidWorks files?

Can you tell me the date/time/size of that .DLL?

Pete,

I was trying to register it because I had this same error before and I fixed it by registering the .dll

I just went in thru the X utility and unregistered and re-registered the .dll (which was not working before) but I am still getting the "cant find parasolid data" error.

I am using SW2008 and I cant open any .sldprt files.

here is the size of the file and by the date i am guessing you mean the date it was signed by SW?

5.49 MB (5,760,544 bytes)

Thursday, June 07, 2007 11:05:32 PM

Thanks for your help on this.

So now you can register it? Curious....

Those numbers are slightly different than what I have here for X2 MR2's CommonSWorksDataSWDocumentMgr.Dll

I've uploaded a version of SWDocumentMgr.DLL to the eMastercam forum FTP site. It is inside SWDocumentMgr_2008.ZIP in the "Mastercam_forum/X3 Files" subfolder. Download that into the CommonSWorksData subfolder (back up the one your have first!) of your X2 MR2 Install and register it. Then open Mastercam and try to import a SLDPRT.

Could you also email me ([email protected]) one of the SLDPRTs? Just so I can be sure that something else strange is not going on.

Thanks,

• 10 months later...

I am getting the same issue.

I am running X3 MU1 and the swdocumentmgr info as as follows:

5.92 MB

created June 20,2008

I tried to un reg and reg the file but to no avail.

None of the SW files seem to open on his box but mine open fine.

Also, due to being on a government computer..I can't access the FPT site

I was getting the bad RC alarm on the student computers here at Shopware when I first loaded X4. Our computers are networked and I had to log in as administrator to regeister the dll. It wouldn't let me register when logged in as a "user". I also had to give "users" full permissions to the mcamx folder because students were getting many alarms when trying to select tools. HTH

i was having the same problem here. could't open some sldprt files. yep only some,then downloaded the SWDocumentMgr_2008.ZIP from ftp site,still wasn't working. then i loaded the SWDocumentMgr_2009.ZIP into the CommonSWorksData subfolder and every thing was good. it even open the files that i didn't have a problem with.

thank you guys