Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT/ US Open Golf

NYMike

Since the US Open is being played down the block from my shop, I thought I would see if anyone out there is interested in predicting a winner. Does anyone think that Tiger Woods will lose? I was out on the course yesterday and I wouldn't bet against Tiger. His game is perfect for The Black course.

Mike

Don't know about who will win, but during the pracice round McAllister hit into a bunker on one of the holes...... some guy from the crowd whinned "oh no you hit into THAT bunker!" McAllister turned to the fan holding his 5 wood out and said, "I suppose you can do better!"... the fan grabbed the 5 wood and promptly sent a ball over the offending bunker cominig to rest in the middle of the fairway.... the crowd cheered as McAllister rolled on the ground laughing... the crowd ask the fan for autographs..The fan who hit the 280 yard shot... a rather plump general contractor named Mike Pizzo biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Ain't life grand!

L Hanft

Great story Larry. I wish that Mike was me,but it wasn't.

Scott,

No I won't be entering the tourny. I'll just watch it from my home and when all the pros leave, I hope to play my favorite course in US Open conditions.

Mike cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well, the nature of this course favors the accurate long ball hitter. I believe since Tiger's Dad picked the course(so I've heard) I'd have to say Tiger's going to take it. If John Daley can keep his temper in check he could do well here but he neeeds to keep his long ball under control also. The rough is currently about 4". Nothing compared to St. Andrews but still could be an issue.

Look for FEW if any birdies, lots of pars and lots of Bogeys and Double Bogeys.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif