Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Highfeed

Charles Davis

I was talking with Craig Madsen at CM3D, and he raves about Highfeed and the dramatic reductions in machining time.

I understand it's critical to "tune" highfeed to a particular machine and setup (that is, changes in weight on the machine affect machine acceleration).

However, does anyone have experience running Highfeed on a Haas mill (VF-OE, VF-1, etc) and able to provide the highfeed.lib file so we have some starting numbers to benchmark this with?

ALSO: Can others share their sucess stories with Highfeed?

[ 06-12-2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis from San Diego CADCAM ]

If you looking for "dramatic reductions" in cycle time, you looking at the roughing aspect of highfeed. For roughing you do not need to fine tune for the machine.

Just set the minimum cornering angle to at least 100 degrees so it will not slow down in the corners and the rest is up to what "Volume Material removal rate" that the cutter and machine can handle.

I have even used it on a lathe doing a face contour. (had to pull the file into mill to run the highfeed)

Charles,

The newer haas machines have a built in highfeed option that can be turned on. And once on, its always on. It really makes the machines sing. Ive seen a 30% savings in time and a better finish.

Email me direct for more info if needed.

Mikee