Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

When will it get here?

Dave Ball

quote:

I am in store for a seat of cimatron, near future.

Smart move, Cimatron flat out smokes Mastercam for 3D mold / pattern type work. That is, after all, the primary niche the software is written for, and it has improved immensely since they completely re-wrote their legacy UNIX interface in favor of Microsoft Windows.

The company I work for already has more seats of Cimatron than it does Mastercam and they'll be adding another in the not to distant future, for me too. smile.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a moldmaker but one of the things I like about the product that is made in Israel and has been mentioned is the years of heavy emphasis on having powerful CAD. I have no doubt this gives them major advantages for powerful and less chaining and better selection.

I can't tell you how many times I've read comments from one poster here that it's MasterCAM no MasterCAD... well without powerful CAD you end up with the serious problems. Problems like not being able to change the color of different faces on a solid and use this as the basis for picking what you want to machine, chaining that could be much better, having to unnecessarily create wireframe, etc. Mastercam needs powerful CAD tools. As time goes on I think this is going to become very clear to more users of Mastercam.