Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

When will it get here?

Dave Ball

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

WOW!!!!

I guess some people just get the job and others, well.........

We should leave them to xxxx and moan.

Yup I dont get it. Ive only been doing this for over 20 yrs. So, when it comes to spending my coin on sh!t that dont work I have a right to b!tch and complain. If you want to call it pi$$ing and moaning thats cool. I bet you dont spend your coin for the updates. I bet its your bosses.

quote:

I bet its your bosses.

I hope you don't play poker because you would have just lost that pot.

My seat is on my dollar.

You are correct however, you've the right to complain, I suppose I don't understand why publicly and why here. I submit things to QC and my reseller.

At any rate have a good day

quote:

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that there has been no response / reply from anyone at CNC Software? Only beta testers sticking up for them.

I think there should be a roadmap from CNC Software on the issues I laid out.

I think CNC Software should be much more active on commenting on Enhancement Suggestions. I've made a ton of them.

I think Mastercam users who use SolidWorks should be more vocal in asking for better selection tools and better chaining tools. I find it hard to believe that when Mastercam In SolidWorks is released that its chaining and selection tools won't be significantly better than stand-alone Mastercam's chaining and selection tools.

quote:

I have been a loyal maintenance customer but I do expect something in return.

I think all it would take is a bit of swag in the mail from CNC, and suddenly all b1thers in this thread would be believers again, and follow them thru HELL till the maintenence release tongue.gifwink.gif

quote:

My opinion is X3 is a step backwards. Where are the improvements? I don't see any major steps forward. The system needs constant screen rebuilding. Renumbering tools is a crapshoot. Sometimes the operation manager and the tool manager tool list don't reflect each other. Overall I am pretty disappointed.

Well said.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I was going to ignore him but WOW!!!

quote:

...I think there should be a roadmap from CNC Software on the issues I laid out...

Thus sayeth Jon Banquer, Lord of all things CAD/CAM!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

happy0040.gifhappy0040.gifhappy0040.gifhappy0040.gifhappy0040.gifhappy0040.gifhappy0040.gifhappy0040.gif

quote:

You are correct however, you've the right to complain, I suppose I don't understand why publicly and why here. I submit things to QC and my reseller.

I submit things to QC as well, so have many others here. Why is it there are things from from the original version X that are not fixed STILL? Why publicaly? WHY NOT? Why here? WHY NOT?

quote:

The marketing that now surrounds MC to support continued maintenance revenure will kill off a great piece of software in the next few years IMHO.

+1000000 I totally agree. But no one seems to give a damn Bruce thats the sad part. And like Ive said before, Some will follow it to HELL. It seems alot of the ones spending their own coin just cant justify the failed promises any more. It may be like the BIG 3, they realize it when its too late. Within 5 yrs. MC will not be the top dog any more if they dont fix the problems.

quote:

The marketing that now surrounds MC to support continued maintenance revenue will kill off a great piece of software in the next few years IMHO.

We are beta testers here and will be discontinuing 5 seats of maintenance in march and using that money towards buying another seat of NX Cam.

I am glad I won't be in the same hemisphere when the new mill/turn package is released and needs to be bought as a separate package, not an upgrade for maintenance lathe customers. I think it will get ugly. I am surprised it didn't get ugly when it was mentioned on here a few months ago.

Anyway, I don't want to sound too doom and gloom. There will soon be some hard decisions to make regarding old and new toolpaths in MC and I don't begrudge CNC the fact they need to make them. Maybe once that is out of the way their markeing people will stop trying to be all things to all people.

Bruce

quote:

I am glad I won't be in the same hemisphere when the new mill/turn package is released and needs to be bought as a separate package, not an upgrade for maintenance lathe customers. I think it will get ugly. I am surprised it didn't get ugly when it was mentioned on here a few months ago.

When was this mentioned and by who. Isn't this why lathe users have been paying maintenance? It certainly has not been for all the great lathe enhancements we have seen in the last couple of years.

Phil

quote:

Wow NeilJ, you certainly have a narcissistic personality.

A certain case of "me, me, me"

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but keep in mind I don't try and speak for others. If that gives me a "narcissistic personality" so be it.

Many of my posts focus on improvements to basic functionality in Mastercam and that's where my focus will stay.

The stated goal when maintenance was

started was 1 major relase and 3 or 4

maintenance/service pack releases per year.

The annual major relase has been meet

though it happens later and later every year.

Quarterly miantenace/service pak releases

have not happened.

When you are on maintenance you recieve

365 days of maintenance from the day you

purchased it. That make you elgible to recieve

whatever is released during those 365 days.

On several occasion CNC Software has back dated

maintenace releases due to late delivery.

X3 came out in August (??) the cutoff date

was June 31.

quote:

Niel you have narcissistic personality for thinking CNC is going to timetable thier production schedule to fit your views of what

they need to work on.

I've requested CNC Software layout a timetable on when the basics that I mentioned with be dealt with by CNC Software.

Intel lays out a timetable. Is there some reason you feel CNC Software can't layout a timetable on when the basics (much better selection, much better chaining, faster toolpath regeneration, much less modal user interface, etc.)will be fixed?

If asking for a timetable on fixing the basics in Mastercam is having a "narcissistic personality" I can easily live with that.