Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A Axis Limit

ConcordWS

Hello all.

I'm working on a program for a cable drum. It has some wierd wraps and its not a complete helix. I've worked with my reseller and we came up with a plan but my A axis is stopping at 9720deg. The full program goes to 11xxx.xxx

I am waiting to talk to him and thought in the meantime the forum experts could open my eyes.

Mill is Okuma MV4020.

Thanks,

Brett

i had a similar problem a while back on one of our older machines. Stoped in the 9000 's somewhere but that was due to the program Llooking ahead" it really wouldn't go beyond 9999 degrees.

like i said was an old retro fit machine and i had to complealty replace the 486 computer and undate it to a lynix system from Dos. yep really old machine. Kind of costly for such an old machine but problem fixed

We have Okuma MX55 with A-axis

Our MC will not go past 27 rotations as well

this is a machine software limit

I suggest checking with Okuma to change MC settings so that the control will reset 360 deg. back to zero on each rotation

also change A-axis parameter to travel shortest distance

Your post will need a small modification to output correct code **I mean only small**

• 2 weeks later...