Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3-MU1 Corner Smoothing

Mjölnir

I just got a reply from QC.

This was logged back on 09/22/08 as CNC 00039309.

So let me get this straight.

These features worked fine in X3, I used them all the time.

Somewhere in the development of X3-MU1 they got broke and it was reported, verified and logged.

Then MU1 got released anyway knowing full well it was going to break systems.

Man, if I wrote what was on my mind right now I'd get booted from the forum in a heart beat so I'll just say this: Wow! Just effing Wow!!

Anubis,

2D Pocket Highspeed smoothing did NOT work in X3. When this came to our attention, we were already late in the development cycle for MU1, and the severity of the issue was not fully known at the time. Fixing a bug at the last minute can create a lot of unintended consequences, including more severe bugs. I have increased the priority of this issue and it will be addressed for the next release. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

In regards to smoothing in 2D HST Area Mill, this seems to be working correctly over here. Can you send in a sample part file to QC with steps to reproduce the problem? Thank you in advance.

quote:

How about a class action lawsuit instead?

quote:

Yeah that'll show em

Actually there are many time when a company refuses to admit/fix/replace a defective product. Often the only way to get them to do anything about is through a class action lawsuit. I have had two experiences in life that I bought a product that had problems because of poor design, in both instances it was not until the company lost a class action lawsuit that they addressed the problem. One was a HP laptop that overheated and the other was a multi-disc home stereo CD changer/player that had to get the same three components replaced every few months.

I'm not saying I think there should be a class action over Mastercam and also I think that the lawyers are the only real winners in these lawsuits.

Sometimes a company knows that individually, customers can't make enough fuss to justify actually fixing their problem. The company will contiue to focus its efforts on new sales and growth until they are forced to change.Its not until the customers get group representation or a loud enough voice to hurt the companies future sales that they see results.

Chris, I'll send a file to qc soon.

Tardmill, suggest look at the emoticon at the end of my statement about a lawsuit then rub your two brain cells together to help re-interpret its meaning.

Doug, I agree a class action suit against CNC Software is not necessary. For a fraction of the cost of initiating such an action multiple seats of new software and training can be purchased.

Mastercam is saved by its competition. wink.gif