Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sub Spindle Mill/Turn

Mr. M

Yeah and it will always revert back to left when ever you make a change to anything in the operation like depth of cut, or spindle speed, or change anything. Sometimes it happens when I change a Misc integer and regen then it goes to the left group even though it was right. What is really fun is when you can not get it to stick and have to erase the operation and redo the whole thing. Good times.

Yep, I also had once where I changed it back to Right/Upper and posted it out and all the Z# were negative instead of pos.

I caught it about 10 seconds to late mad.gif , so I went back reselected the EXACT same things as already were and it posted right! headscratch.gif

quote:

Unfortunately, the twin spindle thing isn't exactly rock solid at the moment :/

x2

like PhilCott and Crazy^Millman, i makes a lot of work around to avoid mcam's bugs and get the job done like i want, but an operation that should take 2minutes to program can take 15 to 20 min to find the right work around and get the NC code right

maybe in version X245 multi-axis lathes will work as it should banghead.gif

quote:

I've been waiting for years for substantial improvements in this area and just get by with work a rounds.

sigh If only our voices could be heard???

Who come save us from this tyranny of below-average-lathe-programming??? biggrin.gif

Hey PhilCott,

That's an awesome .gif in the siggy!