Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CATIA Solids TO Mastercam Solids

Hello

The CATIA Solids to Mastercam Solids converter is available for trial. The version is 9.0.03 The Solids translation is still a beta release. We have received positive feedback on the translator from customers trying them.

For customers interested in trying the translator, please contact your local Mastercam reseller to arrange for a trial or send an email to [email protected]. We will need your SIM number and customer information. If you currently own the translator and just want to try the Solids portion, let us know.

The Solids translator only works with Mastercam Version 9. We have no support for CATIA Solids to Mastercam Solids translation in Mastercam V8.1.1

Regards.

[ 06-20-2002, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Anbu Lingappan - Intercam Europe ]

YOU ARE EXPENSIVE!!!!!

Think about us,the poor pepole tongue.gif

let me tell you something,i work with a company that send me pro-e files and catia files,after i heard the prices of this convertors,i decided to get igs from this company,and than turn it to solid from surface in mastercam.why is it so expensive???????

mad.gif

Thanks,

[ 06-20-2002, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: elad ]

Hello Elad

I am glad that you can get IGES files from your customers to do your work.

There are a lot of customers who are given the files from large companies and asked to do the job. Just the native CATIA or ProE. If they cant import the file, they dont have the job.

In this situation, what would you prefer to do? Buy a seat of CATIA or ProE just to import the files or simply have a translator to accomplish that job?

The reason why translators, such as the CATIA and ProE and the rest are available is to satisfy exactly the above mentioned need - an option that costs far less than buying a system of CATIA and having it in-house.

Ofcourse, nothing can be provided for free. We pay our royalties to make this translator and get it working for you.

We provide a service. We cannot provide it for free. If you can get away without it, great.

Regards.

I wish CATIA transalator was available for me when we had requirement for it. I was responsible for buying seat of CATIA at $25K, at my previous employer, just to able to quote some jobs. And because of expense and lack of time for training, only learned to IGES files back to MasterCam anyhow.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I gotta side with Anbu on this one.

Yes the translators (CATIA, UG, and Pro/E) are a tad pricey but loosing business because you cannot work directly with your customer's files is FAR more expensive than ththe price of the Direct Translators. I'v found IGES in many instances to be VERY unreliable costing me hours and even sometimes DAYS in clean up. That's mot including programming. So instead of taking a week to produce the part(s) now we're looking ate a week and a half-two weeks. It does not take too many days of screwing around with a crummy model before you could've bought the translator and been running your parts already.

JM2C