Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

job opening

JSomerville

quote:

who has time to edit a post when you are up to your eye balls .....

I did most of my post processor learning at home on my own time. Sometimes I got paid for it - most times not. But it was still worth it to me.

A little like going to school at night, you rarely get paid for it but it's the best way to be worth more at work.

my .02 cts

cheers.gif

In small shops like mine I think management knows they have no idea what your doing or how to do it with the software. I think they kinda play down what your doing so they don't come off as hosed if you are not there. I think they are afraid you will want more money or something if you think you have them by the nuggets. Thats why they bust balls when your on vacation to get stuff done. I like it though it keeps it entertaining. I have always done post mods to get what you want and always get that, why are we wasting time on that look. That look is what tees me off.

Gary, I'm in the same boat at my work. It doesn't matter what I've learned or how it gets applied on the shop floor. They seem to have no clue on the effort required to take things to the next level. The only way to get acknowledged around here is to quit, then they investigate if they feel that you have something to offer that others don't. I hate playing that game and with the work load being the way that it currently is in MI, it's a risky game.