Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cannot find parasolid data in solidworks file

I have recently rebuilt my work desktop and reinstalled X3 MU1, and every time I try to open an SW file I gt the error mesage "cannot find parasolid data in solidworks file". I did a search on the forum and tried all the fixes mentioned in previous fixes to no avail. When I try to unload to .dll from the command prompt I get an error message "the module "swdocumentmgr.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLunregisterserver failed with error code 0x8002801c". I am not sure how to do from the control panel applet. I do not have solid works and I am running 32 bit vista> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have u tried this?:

Click start button.

In the search field,type cmd.exe but do not press enter.

When cmd appears on top of the white screen right click it and choose to run as admin (or what ever it says i am not sure because i have swedish windows smile.gif )

In dos prompt type as follows:

cd McamXcommonsworksdata [ENTER]

regsvr32 swdocumentmgr.dll [ENTER]

(NOTE!If u have mastercam installed in any other directory type that instead of McamX)

Done!!!

I have a customer how has the same problem as g-trix. I had first tried sorting the problem with the instructions below:

quote:

"In Windows, click Start, then Run and enter "cmd" as the command.

This will start a 'DOS' command window.

Now type these commands...

You should be left at this command prompt (of course your drive:mcamx path may be different) ->

C:McamXcommonsworksdata>

Now enter this command to UnRegister the DLL ->

regsvr32 /u swdocumentmgr.dll [ENTER]

Now enter this command to Register the DLL ->

regsvr32 swdocumentmgr.dll [ENTER] "

but he got the same errors as g-trix. So we are no further forward - help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have installed solidworks 2010 as a stand alone(I still have 2009 installed)and get this error message. I have tried

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In Windows, click Start, then Run and enter "cmd" as the command.

This will start a 'DOS' command window.

Now type these commands...

You should be left at this command prompt (of course your drive:mcamx path may be different) ->

C:McamXcommonsworksdata>

Now enter this command to Register the DLL ->

regsvr32 swdocumentmgr.dll [ENTER] "

and still get the error message. I did try to re-install Mastercam direct for Solidworks and still got the message. Does anyone have new advise for this?

thanks

now using MX4 MU1

That's because the SWDocumentMgr.DLL in CommonSWorksData is only capable of supporting up to SolidWorks 2009. We have not released support for importing files from SolidWorks 2010 - any day now, I swear!

You may be able to get around this by registering the version of that DLL that gets installed by SolidWorks 2010. It should be in:

C:Program FilesCommon FilesSolidWorks Shared

Running Regsvr32 on it might do the trick, but no guarantees.

We will be releasing an update very soon to support SW2010 (and AutoCAD 2010, by the way).