Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Job set-up Import

Andy

In job setup when I use IMPORT and highlight tools and operations from a known mc8 job the tools come in with different numbers and different tools. (I uncheck assign #s sequentially)

Some of the tools are the correct. Some are totally new but that were not used in that mc8 file. And then there are duplicate tool #s

It seems to be totally unpredictable.

Any Ideas?

v8

[ 06-24-2002, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Andy ]

Gordon,

I tried playing with the IMPORT function and did not notice any wierd additions or changes (on my end). Is your Operations Manager clean when you IMPORT the operations from a previous file? Check to see if there are any tools showing in your tool table prior to importing the operations. You may have an orphaned tool resident.

What is the difference between importing operations from previous files as opposed to importing previously saved operations (.op8) -- from the Ops Manager>[right-click] Get from library...?

cheers.gif

n_tydingco

Yes, Ops menu empty, tools list empty.

When I save ops op8 and retrieve them in a new job it comes in perfect. It is only when I do Job SU/import do I notice this problem.

I dont do this real often so am not sure it always screws up.

Thanks,

Andy

When importing ops I turn off the assign tool numbers option in job set up. The tool numbers remain the same as in the original job that way. But if there are existing tools you may get duplicate tool numbers. I've had good luck in version 8 importing operations, except when I try importing geometry with the operations. The geometry would come through very unpredictably. I haven't tried importing geometry in version 9 yet, hopefully it's been improved.

Hi Smit,

Yes, I unselected sequential tool # choice.

Here is what I did today.

I created a tapping cycle in A.mc8

I then started a new file B.mc8

I job setup/imported the operation from file A.mc8

It came in with the correct tool and # However it came in as a DRILL/COUNTERBORE operation (G81) and that is how I broke a Tap!!!!!

Now Why did that happen?

Frustrated!!