Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X + question

cqualls

A company I use to work for called and is having problems with X+ not putting the bitmap file of the part on the set-up sheet.

He says everything under the output format is checked except for excel.

Mastercam X3 MU1 and X+.

Computer has windows vista business on it.

This is a fresh install of Mastercam on a new machine.

Any ideas on how to get the part to show up on the set up sheet?

Thats the problem on this particular computer its not printing whats on the screen and the settings are suppose to be set as you show them.

I haven't went by to look at the machine yet and was hoping I could just tell him how to fix it.

Robert I'm not sure I follow you make sure what is a png file with x3

Yes. I believe it is the correct one labeled SetupX+_X3 which is the same that is on your site.

Just to check this out I Installed MCX3MU1 on my computer at the house and I have the same problem. The logo will show up and the tool pictures will show up but the screen shot does not. I have not had time to mess with it yet to see if I can figure out what is wrong.

Could it be something in the internet explorer settings that is causing the problem?

My machine at home is Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

I am having a similar problem. At first i didn't get any picture at all so i reinstalled x+ and now i get a screen shot but it is messed up by showing part of the screen that comes up when you hit the setup sheet button. When i try the camera icon i get a picture but the small screen that comes up when i click the icon is also in the picture. Same deal, new computer with vista business 64 bit. Would sure like to figure this one out.

Brian,

I have my system working now. Its a windows setting that needed changed.

Control Panel / System and Maintenance / Performance Information and Tools / Adjust Visual Effects/ In the Pop up window select Custom: Then uncheck the box beside the Enable desktop Composition.

You can also set the Visual affects to Adjust for best performance but this will make windows Vista look completely different.

I also found that in Mastercam you can go into

Settings / Configuration / Screen and under the Graphics support box select the Disable Hardware acceleration box but I did not like the results of this option. This fixed the X+ problem but caused other issues in Mastercam.