Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new machine post???

buck30

we are recieveing a new 4 axia robo dril in about a week. It has a Fanuc Controller. I hear you guys talking about posts all the time in here. So where do i go to get a good working post for this machine. I have looked under machine type/mill/ list and don't see wot i am looking for.

We do a lot if helical contours around a diameter so the A axis speed in conjunction with X feeds is inportant. I hope that makes sence.

Either the Generic Fanuc 4X Mill.pst

or the free download mpmaster post

from this website would be a good place to start.

You'll probably need to do some customization

to get the code exactly the way you want

it, but either one will get you real close

right out of the box.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No, the MPMaster is about 99% there for the Robodrills. Some small tweeks here and there and if you have Tool Breakage Detection, you'll want that in there, pallet changes, etc...

The MOST important tweek is immediately after the Z Zero Return before you go back ot G90, you NEED a G49. If you don't do it, you won't make the next Tool Change. You'll get some cryptic Z Axis out of position alarm that will leave you going headscratch.gifbiggrin.gif