Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need a GOOD Johnford repairman!

peon

One of our Johnfords loses position after a tool change and DOES NOT ALARM!! It will simply change tools and go on machining in the correct or incorrect position. It is intermittent. Sometimes it will machine .100" off location and sometimes only .005" off location. Johnford cannot solve the problem and gave up on it. So what we have here is a newer machine, and having to program one tool at a time. Running lights out is prohibited. Bunch of BS!!! Does anyone know of a good repairman familiar with the Johnford and a Fanuc 18iMB controller? We are located near Milwaukee, WI but we are looking for ANYONE that can help us fix this.

Is the position error on all axis? I once had a Y axis servo to ball screw coupler loosen. The machine would act similar to what you are describing. I put an indicator in the machine and rapid the axis back an forth a bunch of times and kept check in a known location with the indicator.

If you describe your problem in greater detail someone else might be able to offer some more ideas.

I would call Brendon Gideon with Superior Equipment Solutions. They cover Ohio and Indiana, they have a tech that works out of Indianapolis. They have always been able to take care of anything we ever needed done. We had a Z axis ball screw coupler loosen once that gave us trouble like you describe.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I know "lemon laws" differ from state to state but perhaps they might respond to som e legal letter head if you know what I mean. biggrin.gif Sometimes the mere threat of legal action will get companies to do the eright thing. Now, if the problems arosou out of mis-treatment of the machine, i.e. crashes, etc... then you may be on your own. But if you can prove persistent reocurring problems, you probably have a fair case, which still does not solve the issue of needing a machine to work but... just getting you thinking out side the box a little. Good Luck!

Peon, sorry to hear you are not getting the response you want from Johnford, we have been very satisfied with them as a machine and a company. SES covers Ohio and Indiana I have no idea if they would be willing to go outside their normal territory. I’d be glad to email you the contact info if you’re interested. By the way what model machine is this?

Rick, Don did the install and the one or two service calls we’ve had, seems to know his way around the machine. We have had another tech come and do the yearly PM and he seemed top notch also.