Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new graphics card setting

glen s

Does anyone have information about the settings for video cards while using Mastercam? I am running Windows XP 64 bit o.s. on my new system with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 with 1.5 gb of video memory. The computer is a Dell T3400 core 2 quad core with 8gb ram. I'm just looking to optimize these settings. I am doing long parts with alot of surfaces, I use verify and stl compare to check my toolpaths to my model. This seems to be the area I would like to speed up. I did the benchmark test from the forum, 4 mins 52 secs. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the graphics page of SolidWorks support and download the certified driver for your card and OS

Uninstall what you're running and install the SW certified driver.. then set the 3D properties

dropdown to SolidWorks.

[ 03-02-2009, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

quote:

The SW driver trick

It is an Nvida driver.. about 3 or 4 revisions old. Mastercam seems to run best with the Solidworks settings and the newer drivers have

moved to a Dassualt/Catia setting that doesn't

work as well.. My Win Xpx64 machine had ghost

and redraw issues that went away when I went back to the SW certified drivers.