Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

a New ICAM/Mastercam Suite

gcode

A friend aclled today and asked me what I thought about this I had not heard a word about it.

In my experience, ICAM is difficult to use,

very powerful in the hands of an expert, and

very expensive.

Watch the video.. looks like cool stuff smile.gif

ICAM Interfaces Post-Processing Product Suite to Mastercam

quote:

Montreal, January 21, 2009 - ICAM Technologies Corporation (ICAM) and CNC Software Inc. (CNC) announce today that they have signed a Business Partner Agreement allowing for a smoother integration between their two distinctive products. Under this agreement, ICAM has created a graphical user interface to its complete NC post-processing development product suite within Mastercam.

I had a Webex Demo yesterday from Icam. Very powerful software. It would take some time learn how to use it all thats for sure. I do not have specific prices, but it will probably be higher than i will be allowed to spend. But, after seeing it, i would love to have it.

That's pretty cool. Not particularly applicable to our business, but seems like it might be worthwhile for complex setups and difficult geometries. I'm assuming that this would be a pretty serious investment, most ICAM stuff is, but I like the look of it.

C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

ICAM was about $3k per axis you want to control IIRC. It is pretty tough to use but it's manageable for post guru's. CAMPlete is WAY easier. Camplete is as close to s GUI post builder as I've seen.

James, you are right- you can modify a post for just about any situation very easily- we have posts formatted for 3x, 5x, 5x with pallet management, and several other oddbal things we run across from time-to-time, each having some specific additions or deletions depending on the situation. Very nice and easy to do. If your cost estimate is right, Camplete is cheaper for 5x than ICAM...not to rain on the ICAm parade. I'll shut up now...