Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MASTERCAM IN SOLIDWORKS

gary adams

I have x3 and solidworks latest version, both installed on same machine.I have activated the add-in within solidworks.I dont see anywhere where mastercam can be accessed from within solidworks.Do I need to download something or perhaps missread the blurb on the website?

Hi Gary,

This is a separate software that you need to buy from Solid Works as far as I know.

You have to buy Solid Works with Mastercam in it from Solid Works.

Form what I have seen I do not think it is worth it yet. It does not have all of the toolpaths that you have in Mastercam stand alone.

John

Mastercam in SolidWorks is

produced and marketed by CNC Software.

It is a seperate product from Mastercam.

and runs inside SolidWorks.

When you have it installed and activated

from the Add-in utility in SW,

there will be a Mastercam icon on the

SW operation manager and you will see

"Mastercam" in the dropdown menus at the top of the page. I don't know if it has been formally

released yet.

Howdy Gary ....go to top of the screen after bootting up Solidworks ...far icon on the right at the top is a little page...click on it ...you will see 2 choices ...options ...and addins

click addins ....you see mastercam direct on it and click it....now ...when you create a part...you should have an Icon that says Mastercam direct right beside tools

HTH

We are talking about 2 different products

Solidworks Direct is a file translator that pushes

your SolidWorks model into a session of Mastercam.

It is avaialable for download from the Mastercam

download page of Mastercam's website.. its free

Mastercam for SolidWorks is a new product intended to compete with CamWorks/SolidCam/HMSWorks etc.

Mastercam toolpathing runs inside SolidWorks and is directly associative to the SolidWorks model.

Mastercam for SolidWorks

John

I have it now, I clicked in the top left of screen, on a flyout and it appeared. The model I was working on at the time in solidworks, was not complete when mastercam direct opened it, however, when I saved the solidworks file as a parasolid and opened it in mastercam it was perfect.I like the idea of itergration of solidworks and mastercam as I use both, but it seems we are at the early stages of developement or is there somthing else I can do other than click mastercam direct, which opens mastercam but from my first experience opened a less than perfect model.My os is 32 bit.

many thanks

Gary