Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Yeah!!!!! X3 Finally

Karl@CP PISTONS

We finally got our company to cut a PO for mastercam update. We are going from ver. 9 to X3.

The questions I have are:

1) I have modified our posts (5 axis positioning) pretty extensively so how is the post update from 9 to X3?

2) What is involved in the update?

3) If things do not go well is the post language the same?

Karl

quote:

Can these two co-exist without any problems

Yes, V9 and X3 will run fine together.

I would move to X3 MU1, back up all my

posts and run the update chook..

Depending on the lineage of your posts

it may be plug and play, maybe not.

If you have encrypted 5axis posts, you may

need to get your dealer to update them.

Update your posts in X3 is simple just like you stated with the C-hook, but once you install the MU1 part it is not so simple. So update your posts before you install the mu1. You will love X3 MU1....just do it. Why wait?

PS..Post language are almost identical very little differances. Yes they (V9 & X3) run side by side great?

If you install X3, then run the MU1 update

then run the post update chook, it should be petty simple. That way you update is straight

from V9 to X3MU1 and the chook should handle all the details. Updating from X3 to X3MU1 can get confusing.. going straight from V9 to X3MU1

should avoid that complication.

Will the chook update the vs9 post to MU1's X style coolant? I think he would be better off getting a new customized post from his reseller rather than converting vs9 to MU1. Contact your reseller. You just dropped a big chunk of change on your new software. You shouldn't have to stress yourself trying to get some decent code to the machine. I just relocated to a new job in the last few months and bought one seat of MU1. 5 posts were included with the purchase.