Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

POST CREATING SOFTWARE FOR DIY POST CREATION

honeybunches

We have pretty much struck out finding a post for a sub spindle, Y axis, lathe. I am curious what is typically used to create a post or if this is all hand coding? Seems hand coding would surely be an exhaustive approach. A neighboring shop has X2MR2 so that is what we would build the post for.

Thought about trying to merge a couple posts like a basic 2 axis/ live tool post, and a mill post but that may prove a disaster.

I am not sure what people are using but I know of one shop that is using Gibbs just because it is said to be better for lathe stuff. I would tend to agree though only that MC is lacking in several areas when comparing to their milling platforms.

That being said, you really need a good mill "and" lathe CAM package to run a mill/turn well.

Hi Joe,

Thanks, I will pass this along to my reseller with a few questions. I will still hoping to speak with some users who are using MC on this Mori to get there opinions.

Thanks again Joe.

PS, I am getting the impression that you work on the same machines we have....

we have the mill/lathe bundle for our Eurotech 730 SLY mill/turn w/ sub and Y axis, only one turret.. using MCX3 and a post from our reseller,until we get the post tweaked just right, some editing still required, but overall MC does the job fine.

Hey Fellas. I apolgise. Sometimes I'm too busy writing posts to check in here tongue.gif

We have written several of the Hi-Cell style machines with the Seiko's control. Hitachi's being fairly fanuc based if too old to fit our regular mold, just give a call to In-House or [email protected] and we'll try to arrange something with your Re-Seller and ourselves.

The Mori's are more common and we have worked on lots of them. Again contact us or your dealer. Perhaps mention we have the posts available.

Hopefully that helps and good luck!

Russell

@ inhouseposts.com

Hey Dave,

We don't have any Mori's here (or live tool lathes for that matter). I just remember seeing the post processor topic come up in Mori's "ClickNews" monthly spam email. I remember thinking, "Wow, that's a good idea, why aren't all the manufacturers doing it?"

I'm guessing a post created via direct collaboration between the CAM vendor and machine vendor would be pretty good!

I programmed for a HiCell mill/turn at my last job.. V9 and a slightly modifed Mastercam

Fanuc mill/turn post.. did some very trick

parts too... lots of surfacing, undercuts with lollipop tools and all sorts of fun stuff.

As long as you're not trying to sync multiple

axis and operations, the current fanuc mill/turn

or In-House lpmaster should work just fine.