Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

change level, change colors ICONS question

Code_Breaker

In X2, I used the two ICONS for changing a selected item colors, or level. I would click the ICON, select (or pre-select) entitiers, enter, pick new color or level, ok ... those entities would change without changing the main level or primary color.

NOW, in X3, these ICONS no longer work in the samy way ... click the ICON and you change the main level or primary color, but cannot select the entities to change.

I know I can do this using functions in the status bar on the bottom, but I work back and forth between the X2 (one location) and X3 (another location) and have my toolbar setup identical.

Question: Is there a switch I need to turn on? Or is this a change in the function of these ICON?

Created my own toolbar in X2 using the two icons change entity color and change entity level from Settings ==> Customize ==> category Screen.

edit

Nevermind:

Found it when I saw this in X3, the same icons are called Level Manager and Construction color ...

fixed it ... thanks for making me explain it, that how it works sometimes, I supposed biggrin.gif

quote:

In v9, you could right click on Toolpath ==> Options ==> Select by Geometry then picked an entity and all the operation using picked geometry will be checked ...

Analyze Database will do this. Add it to your Analyze toolbar and you're in.

Thad

Code Breaker,

Use the "Select" function like Roger mentioned.

Right-Click in the white space in your operations manager and choose the menu item that says "select".

This will bring up a dialog box with different selection options.

The option you want is at the top of the dialog box, it is the "geometry" selection arrow.

Press the arrow button and you will be returned to the graphics window. Now select the geometry you want to query and press "End selection".

Now say you selected one surface and pressed 'End Selection'.

Now in the bottom of the "Select" dialog box, it will say something like "2 operations found".

When you press the "Ok" button to close the dialog box, Mastercam will select the operations in the list that are associated to the geometry you picked with the 'Select' geometry button.

So say you had 30 operations in your list. You run the 'Select' function from the ops manager and it reports that there are "3 operations found". Now you press the "Ok" button, then look back at the levels manager. You notice that operation number 3, number 8, and number 15 have a green check mark on them. They are "selected" in the ops manager.

That is the way the "Select" function works now and it gives you the V9 functionality of "Select by geometry", plus a host of other "Select by" options...

HTH,