Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do I put tool paths on this slot?

DavidSV

Since pictures are easier to see

3588368975_dbfd8b3477_o.jpg

3589176568_3e0423c50a_o.jpg

Its .156 wide and 1.7" deep at the deepest. I only have Mill level 1 and Solids available. I don't know if I have a pocket tool path available that I can select the insides of the solid or something like that.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

I would use a ramp tool path in contour. Make the lead in/out perpendicular using .002 as my lead in and out amount with no radius. In the ramp parameters I would make sure to take final pass at depth and should be good on a tool that size probably use .005 to .02 as my ramp depth I do like angle I like depth that way I know what I am taking at each pass.

HTH

I have done stuff like this before using Mill Level 1.

To rough it I would make section curves of the slot at each depth you want to cut at, then just use a normal contour tool path, cutting depth set to incremental zero. Then us 2D swept wireframe toolpath to finish the sloped section.

2d wireframe loft toolpath will do just as racerx has said, but without the extra work. Create chain around top of slot, create chain round bottom of slot. Use these 2 chains as the loft , then select, in parameter, across as the type.