Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 Crash on new Dynamic Xform

rdshear

Has anyone else had an issue with an Unhandled Exception error when going into Dynamic Xform?

I have on a few occasions now. frown.gif

I will select the solid I want to move, and as soon as I click the Dynamic Xform icon, it crashes. This happens before the model goes translucent and before the Gnomon appears. It has happend when the solid has been selected first or when selecting solid after clicking the Dynamic Xform icon and then selecting the green OK ball.

Just wondering if I'm the only one.

quote:

-open a file, say lathe.

-dynamic xform

-window select everything, solid included.

-double click to end selection

-hang and crash.

Tried a couple of times, no issue here either

I know, I submitted it a while back but cnc can't reproduce either. I can make it happen on 2 diff pc's. Then again it's not every single time, maybe 20% of the time. Seems to be somewhat related to the double-clicking to end selection.

Oh well at least other people are having crash issues too with the function, hopefully they are all related.

That is the exact same place it happens with me. Don't know exactly what sequence of operations prior to that causes it though. I must be doing what Ken described, running backplot or a wireframe toolpath first?? Oh well, At least I know they are working on it. I think once I get the hang of it completely it will be great to cut multiple tranforms into one.