Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic rotation jerky in backplot

Gutty

Hey guys, never used to have this problem and not sure why i do now. Basicly when i run a backplot, it's really slow to actually show the path on screen, and if i try to rotate(using a space navigator) with the backplot on screen it's near impossible. VERY slow and jerky, almost completely unresponsive.

Have tested the GPU with ATITool, all seems ok.

Any ideas ?

Core 2 [email protected]

3.25GB ram

80GB SS hard drive

XP service pack 3

Nvidia Geforce 8800GT

X4

Hardware acceleration = Full

OpenGL in Mastercam

Not sure what else to check confused.gif

Thanks

Matt

The specs on your system look fine unless you're working with large models with thousands of surfaces.

Do you have "Disable front buffer" checked on the Screen page?

Also check the Speed sliders on your Space Navigator. By default they are down so low

that is seems like the Navigator doesn't work.

This is especially true if you have a large monitor or Dual screens

I'd also check all the settings on your video card and reinstall drivers. Gaming card drivers

have all sorts of setting and perhaps one of them

doesn't play well with Mastercam.

Hmm, cheers guys.

The space navigator works fine when modelling etc, it only slows down and goes all jerky when i backplot, and to a lesser extent if i use "outline shaded" setting. And i'm sure it never used to be like this...

Matt

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, anyone got any further ideas with this ?

I'm now running a GTX460 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, 8GB RAM

The problem isn't as bad, but definitely still there.

Just running in outlined shading mode slows my dynamic rotation to a crawl...

Toggle toolpath display to "on" and it slows a little and gets a little jerky.

Backplot a toolpath and dynamic rotaion is straight up out of teh question.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Matt

As gcodes write, try to check your drivers to the graphic card... It's not always the newest which are the best... I have had problems with that before as well...

I'm now running a GTX460 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, 8GB RAM

I'm running the same config with a Intel Core i7 Processor 870 processor without any problems...

Matt, does this happen with all your files? Maybe email me the file and I will try it. I have never had this issue even with a pretty lame PC

Yeah Dave, happens with all files, but obviously the bigger the file and cutter path the worse it is. Current file size is 136mb so might be a bit large to email... Geez that does seem really large.. <_<

As gcodes write, try to check your drivers to the graphic card... It's not always the newest which are the best... I have had problems with that before as well...

I'm running the same config with a Intel Core i7 Processor 870 processor without any problems...

Ok, cheers Guffie, i'll try playing with different drivers, but it's happened on 2 different graphics cards now so i'm wondering if it's not even GPU related... :huh:

^^^

Hard to say... My experience with MCX so far is that many small variable has an affect... When I was using WinXP I once changed my skin-colour in windows, because I found the standard too boring... Everything was cool, but after a while it caused all menues and scrool bars to work very slowly and icons was flashing when I pressed them... I wasn't aware of the connection between these two things, so it took my dealer a while to fix that problem.. :)

So I will say, nothing is too small to be considered a cause of problem...