Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chook Icons

RObert TImby

Robert i think the only way to change a icon for a dll is to create a shortcut for the dll in question then right click the shortcut and there is a button for change icon. then you will have to remap the toolbar button to call from the shortcut instead of the root... HTH

There is a free program called ResHack that you can use to replace the bitmap icon in the resource file.

There have been several threads about it. A while back I created several sets of icons for some of the more commonly used functions (there are two icons for every function, 16 and 24 pixel).

Coons surface, Find Overlap, Wholespline, Remove nodes, No History and a few others.

FYI, the icons are now stored in a "resource" file and not directly embedded in the Dll file any more.

The bitmaps are located in the C-hooks/icons folder on the FTP. if interested.

quote:

FYI, the icons are now stored in a "resource" file and not directly embedded in the Dll file any more.

Are you sure about that, Colin? I know some icons have changed to resource files, but chooks did too?

Thad

It's quite easy to determine where the icons (resources) for a CHook are located. To have the ability to place an icon (or keymap) for a CHook function, it must be referenced in an FT (Function Table) file. The data in the FT 'tells' Mastercam about the function and the location of the resources.

Most times, each CHook DLL file has an FT of the same name, but this is not required as you can see that the MC_CHooks.FT declares the data for many CHooks.

(FT file must be located in the CHooks folder!, but the CHook DLL and Resource DLL are not required to be).

Entry from the MC_CHooks.FT file ->

-----------------

APPLICATION "CoonsSurf"

FUNC_DLL "chookscoonssurf.dll"

RES_DLL "chookscoonssurf.dll"

FUNCTION CPP "m_main"

SBMP 18007

LBMP 18006

TIP 1

END_FUNCTION

-----------------

quote:

I see you are also still running X2 MR2 SP1 if your siggy is correct.

Yeah, I'm still running X2. As you can see, it's been a while since I've messed with the icons and such, so I'm a little foggy on that. I'm hoping to install X4 soon.

Thanks for the refresher, Roger.

Thad