Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis router G18-G19 arc output

jerms

Good morning all,

I am looking for someone to be able to answer this question: I have a Motion master 5axis CNC router with ***or 8055 control. The problem is I cannot cut an arc in G18, or G19 plane. I get an invalid coordinate alarm. I have spoke with my reseller and was informed I would need a custom post written for that output. Am I missing something? I already paid $5k+ for this post. Seems to me that this would be a no brainer, that a 5axis is designed to cut arcs in any direction I would like. Please if anyone can give me a hand, I am fully capable of post editing, just need good information.

thanks for reading.

Jeremy Fritchy

CNC Manager

Intrepid Powerboats, Inc.

11700 S. Belcher Road

Largo, FL 33773

www.intrepidpowerboats.com

I used to have a contract with Leo and had a bundled 5 axis software programming package with them for a bit. Now this is pulling alot of things back out of a misty and foggy memory but I think that ***or back then couldn't do g18 or 19 or MotionMaster couldn't get it to work, they didn't set it up right, inverse time didn't work right or something like that, so all arc motion outside of G17 in those we converted to linear. Try switching your output to linear motion and it should work fine.

Remember, even if a control has the capability to establish planes anywhere in space, it doesn't mean that the machine tool manufacturer could get it to work.

Good Luck

Jeremy,

I've had and still have that problem. I've been trying to get it all to work and I'm getting close.

But in the mean time I forced G18 and G19 to out put G17 and all arcs are converted to line segments. (Select no arcs) it's a work around but it works

this is what my post looks like now in X4

# Select work plane G code # force g18,G19 to out putG17 NN

Thanks guys for the replies, it's just mind blowing that the manual that I am reading clearly states that it is capable of cutting arcs in all 3 planes. Even gives programming examples. When I write a program: Ø3. @ X0 Y10. Z0, I get a "Z" soft limit alarm. Is it possible this has to do with the tool length comp? I do not use TCP, never have and not real sure how.

The program appears to be ok???.

T2

M6

G53

G54

S12000 M3

G05

G53 Z-25.

G0 G90 X15.38 Y0.

B90. C0.

G43 Z-5.38 T2 D2

G1 G19 Z-5.63 F240.

G3 Y0. Z-5.63 J0. K1.25

G3 Y.0999 Z-5.626 J0. K1.25

G1 Y.0799 Z-5.3768

G0 G53 Z-25.

G17

M5

G53 X0 Y40 B0 C0

M30

Any thoughts?

Jeremy

Your right about every looks right. But, and I'm assuming, that you have a ***or control. The Z value should to be posted last instead of first.

N130 G1 Z26. F20.

N132 G3 Y58.6986 I0. J.1875 F100.

N134 G3 I0. J-.375 Z25.875

N136 I0. J-.375 Z25.75

N138 I0. J-.375 Z25.625

N140 I0. J-.375 Z25.5

quote:

....but this is the second time I have seen the board edit out ***or.

Its an overzealous robocensor... I thought

webby had added this control's name to the white list .. but it looks like it has reverted to default settings.