Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surfacing question

connormac

I have a part that has a conical radius. There is a is a square boss the stickes up in the middle. So I have to surface around the boss. i used surface high speed (area clearance. Then surface rest mill. To finish the surface I used surface flow line. It works but when it gets to the boss it jumps over the boss every time it goes back and forth. What I would like to do is just go around the outside of the boss. Apperantly I'm not doing it right eek.gif . What would be the proper method of doing the surface? If I'm doing anything else wrong please tell me. I got it all to work I think but that doesn't mean it is the correct way. I need way more work on surfacing.

Thanks for the help in advance.

If anyone wants to see the file its on the ftp site in the X4 files folder "test surfacing connormac"

Thanks, if you want just throw it back on the FTP site. or you can email it to me . Thanks for looking. We are starting to do a lot more work that needs surfacing. I will be very interested to see how you did it. I'm just to the point where I don't know the best way to do some of the harder things.

Thanks again