Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX3 WITH MAC

elraiis

Hi guys...

i was wondering if anyone here uses mastercam on a mac? will it run it or it simply is not supported? i've had about enough with PC i am planning to upgrade to a mac but when i looked mastercam up on the mastercam webpage i saw nothing concerning system requirement on mac.. so i had to ask...

thx guys..

Yup, You can run MC with bootcamp, but you will not get any support.

I'll assume you have Vista, which is why I went back, like many others, to Xp, and say this:

Alot of people are frustrated with Vista, but the Business downgrade to Xp option is available for most Pc's, and Windows 7 is to be released in November.

IMHO - Hold out for Windows 7, and use Xp for now. It is not in your best interests to give up the support.

hi guys

thx for the input... i wanted to know is there another way to run it on Mac other than bootcamp? i have no clue how mac runs but i asked a friend about bootcamp and he told me if i'm to use that i might as well get a new pc instead! i donno why.

The Station on which i do the programming is new. Dell, that was recommended by mastercam mind you, downgraded to XP, quad core, 3GBram. we got it like a year and half ago! but it crashes on me, it freezes.. it kills me am getting allergic from microsoft products... or is it my luck i donno. biggrin.gif and on the other hand i hear that MAC is hassle free and runs nice.. but i have no background.. i saw my friend running xp and vista on his MAC as well.. parallel... would Mastercam in any other way other than bootcamp run on mac?

Just so you know any way you go with the Mac you still need to run Windows to run the application.

So like me on the Laptop I run Bootcamp and on the Desktop I run VMware or you could run Paralles but you will still be installing "Windblows"

But if you are thinking of buying a Mac to get away from Windows to run your applications it won't happen. I still have 7 pc workstations and a PC server along with the mac's. PC is still the strong side for what we do.