Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

change T0101 TO T1D1

I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CHANGE A T0101

TOOLCALL TO A T1D1 AND T0100 OFFSET CANCEL TO A T1D0 OR JUST A D0. I'M USING X3 WITH GENERIC FANUC 2X LATHE POST. FANUC WHICH MOST CONTROLS AT WORK ARE USE THE T0101 MODEL. BUT WE HAVE 1 ODDBALL (AT LEAST TO ME) ***OR CONTROL THAT WANTS A T1D1. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT. WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SITE IS BLOCKING OUT THE NAME OF THE ACTUAL CONTROL WE HAVE. I WASN'T TRYING TO BE FUNNY JUST GIVEN ALL THE INFO. WOW A LITTLE TO WORRIED ABOUT BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT. headscratch.gifbanghead.gif

Yep in Canada it is a hate crime to use the word F A G so your F A G O R control even being said there could get you thrown in Prison. There are parts of the Bible that are getting Pastors arrested according to several Christian Publications I read.

Hey why I am at encase you didn't know caps letter is considered rude and yelling on this forum.

Hope you get your problem solved.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Sorry, wasn't able to finish today. Way too much work to do.

Ever have those times at work when you go to the network spreadsheet to cross something off only to find it's been replaced by 5 more things? banghead.gif

Been like that for months for me. Plus, I'm only an amateur post editor.

I am close, try to finish tomorrow or next week.

Until then, "Find/Replace" biggrin.gif

Hey thanks for the help, yea that looks good. Your getting a lot further than I did. There's no big hurry i've been using "Find/Replace" for a long time for the same problem, ever since MC9 so its not urgent at all. Sorry bout the caps, I didn't know it's rude. This is the first forum that i've ever posted a message on, I don't really know forum etiquette.

quote:

I don't really know forum etiquette.

Neither do I. I love the forum and I love pokin into the Off Topic, too.

I wish some people would have a tad more patience for us beginners. Some have been here almost 10 years and seem to jump us newbies for unintentional slips.

We're just here for the same reason as everyone else. To help, be helped, and have a little fun.

When you're surrounded by people at work all day who have no idea what you actually do or how hard it is, (Don't you just load a model in the software and hit a couple keys and, presto, perfect program, code, tool lengths, tool lists?), it's awesome to be able to pop in here and converse with your own kind.

cheers.gif

Thanks Mastercam! biggrin.gif

Yup definatly agree that people at work think everything done in the machine shop (not just programming) looks easy. All we do is watch a part get cut or stare at a computer screen and everything just works perfectly and does everything by itself. Mastercam can do about anything but figuring out how to get it to do it is the problem. "it's awesome to be able to pop in here and converse with your own kind." Yea it is pretty cool.

Problem with people doing something they love for ten years they do it to help people. I did not try to come across rude and just wanted to point it out for you is all. R&D you were doing a good job helping and sorry if I have found in my many years to if you figure out a problem on your own you learn a lot more than is someone just does it for you. That to me is the best part of this place is when I see the newer guys hoping in and helping the other from things they learned here. Good job to the both of you.

In case you did get in my last posting Welcome to the forum.

I agree with the millman that you learn a lot more trying to figure something out than having it done for you. Once that light kicks on in your head and you figure it out, you usually get a lot of knowledge that may help you in the future or may even help with another problem right now. Thats a cool feeling when you learn how to fix something that you wern't even thinking about in the first place. Has anyone heard about install problems with X4? We tried to install first time a few weeks ago with no luck. Called dealer, said he'd call back. Recieved no call back, been too busy to call him back lately but your employer spends alot of money for programs and updates and you don't even get a call back. Customer service lousy?

Its nice having you guys here to help so hopefully i'll have to deal with dealer as little as possible. When I learn a little more it'd be nice to help others as they've been helping me. Thanks once again.

quote:

I did not try to come across rude and just wanted to point it out for you is all.

Completely understandable. Some of us do need a quick tip on how things work here. Definitely appreciate your help on this form. I've seen many of your posts. While many of them are way over my head, just as many have been incredibly usefull. Thanks!

I see that I messed up again schouldn't been talking about dealer. I just read the rules, my fault I'm sorry. Won't happen again. Wow, I read the post's here and most are way over my head. Can't even add a comment to the posts. Don't have solid option or mess with anything over 3 axis. It'd be nice to get some mastercam training but with the economy situation not goin to happen anytime soon. Still learning on the fly. Been running machines for 11 years but programming only a year. Also I work second shift and internet access is shut off at 5pm so I can't use a work email or access emastercam. Have to wait till I get home. frown.gif

R&D, just read training on docs discussion. Sounds like were in the same boat. It'd be great to learn some 5 axis stuff and basic processor editing. Apps man gave some great pointers. I'm almost to the same point as the main programmer at work, but he's stuck using mc9 thats why im trying to get X3 posts set up. To get others to use it, not just myself. Training is on my wish list but i'll fumble through everything untill adventually it works. Then if I do we'll prob get X4 working and i'll have to start over again. banghead.gif

• 1 year later...