Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solidworks - MasterCam associativity

Joeyls319

Evening everyone.

I'm taking a Solidworks 2009 class at the local college and enjoying it. They also got MasterCam X4 on the machines also. I got a solidworks file with a simple bracket with some holes in it with a design table so we can have a family of parts.

I got my part and I fire up the MasterCam direct function. It opened up MasterCam and I see my part.

Here's my problem, I go back to Solidworks and change the length of my part, when I go back to MasterCam, I would like to update the model to the change I just made in solidworks.

How do I accomplish this or is this even possible? It seems like it would be.

Thanks for ahead of time for any info.

Joey

The only way you can get the part to up date from Solid Works to Mastercam is to save the part in Solid Works and then bring it back in to Mastercam. FP1 is referring to the Mastercam file tracking log.

This only works if the part is changed in Mastercam.

You have to remember that Solid Works is a CAD package and Mastercam is a CAM package. The only way the two will ever associate files is if the companies merge to create an all in one Program.

the thought that FP1 is talking about being ("change recongnition")helps to see the change in the file after you bring it back in as SCC1 stated but also give you a quick way to move your paths to the new part Rev.

I usually use the WCS to set my part so bringing in a new update to a new level and have it set in the right work space works great.

You can set the wcs back to the Top WCS that the file came in as and now set the WCS back the veiw to cut and the new part is all ready to move the paths over to it. JM2C