Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

More rest rough problems

peon

I use the HST Restrough toolpath often referencing an .stl model with much success. But every now and then I run into a problem with retracts. Please see the attached screenshots displaying the retracts and my parameter settings. I have tinkered with the parameters for a long time now and I can't keep the tool down. What a waste of time! Any tips?

RESTROUGHRETRACTS.jpg

RESTROUGHRETRACTS_2.jpg

RESTROUGHRETRACTS_3.jpg

No problem Mark. I didn't realize you also operated CNC's. I just noticed that you work at CNC and assumed you worked in the customer service dept. I'm getting very ancy since I'm the one whom has to answer to the boss when he asks why the tool isn't "staying down" and "cutting air" and the only answer I have is "I don't know". I pushed to get this software in this shop and I hope CNC understands my grief with this particular issue. I apologize for pushing, but I'm extremely grateful that you are looking into this for me. The file is on the ftp site named 6214_A_PLATE_X3.Z2G in the X4 folder. Thank you. smile.gif

2d works fine. The file I submitted is just an easy example for anyone to look at. I work with complicated models and can't use 2d since I'm usually surface machining. I only use 2d for simple pockets. The retract problem normally appears with a nearly 90 degree surface. The tool will normally stay down on drafted walls.