Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Strange X4 glitch turns Tpath groups into machine groups?

Joe788

Anybody seen this? And more importantly, any idea how to save this file?

I merged some geometry from another file, and then when I tried to create a contour toolpath, nothing would happen. So I restarted X4, and this is what it did to my file:

WTF.jpg

When I click the toolpath parameters of any operation, there are no tools. This job was only one machine group and about 10 toolpath groups. Now it's just 10 machine groups with the wrong machine definition, and the machine group properties below all of the operations. Bear in mind, this job already has 30 tools worth of work put into it. Really not something I want to go back and do all over again.

Anybody know a quick way to turn all of those machine groups back into toolpath groups? It also changed all of them to the stock MPFAN machine definition, when it was originally my own MPMaster def.

Joe, I had that problem in X3, and contacted QC.

This is the thread that lists the problems:

Linky

Here is their response when I sent the files:

quote:

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the information.

Are you using X3 or X4? This bug has been fixed in X4 (this version of it).

The cause of the problem in this instance is when you use Merge Pattern to bring in a file with Geometry Groups (status bar / Groups). If you delete these groups from HR083S03-1-1-1_IMPORT_PART_STK.mcx, save the file, and then import it into the original file, this will not occur. This was logged as bug number cnc00049337.

Notice the bug #... That, and they could not replicate it in X4. I was able to replicate EVERY time. If you can, I would suggest sending the files to QC. They work with me almost every time I can send verifyable proof of problems.

They are pretty darn good that way....

Prior to merging files, I delete the groups in the originating file, and my toolpath groups stay put. This workaround does fine for me, but I am still in X3, so I can't say whether or not it works in X4.

HTH