Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface high speed core roughing

sharles

Ok,

how do I get the program to machine BOTH ways rather than only climb or only conventional? I got yelled at because the dumb program picked up over and over so that it would only climb mill. My co-worker thought he saw a parameter in X4 that would allow us to machine both ways, but now neither of us can find it.

Any suggestions.

quote:

I don't have mill level 3, so I don't really know what HST core rough does exactly, but in general, to get the benefits of High speed machining, you only want to cut in one direction.

Not true. Cutting in one direct keep your deflection

constant, left 'or right. where zigzag can gouge on the conventional cutting due to inconsistent deflection.

The benefit is the way each path leads in to each cut made, with the linear feed on the lead in. The option to Zigzag reduces your rapids and is there if you are not concerned about deflection.

IMO

I use these all the time.