Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Identifying a radius mill

mike561h

I suggest you make your own custom tool and put it on a level ... that way if you "share" the file, the custom tool goes with it ...

Also, you will notice the same problem with center drills ... there are more than one company making center drill and they are not alway standardized ... usually make a custom tool for these as well ...

$.02 biggrin.gif

We've got our custom tool library on the network

using a file as the definiton.

That way the custom tool is readily available

for another project.

Once you get the network tool libraary linked in your machine def, the link will stick and the tools will come in properly for anybody

who opens the file on any PC.

This assumes all your machine def's and posts are on the network

quote:

This assumes all your machine def's and posts are on the network

True ... but I have seen these files get modified for another job instead of making their own ... also, when I work at home, it is easier to remember the one file than trying to remember all the tools files that goes along with that file ...

Maybe, it just me, I like to make life easy ...

PS ... I do same the geometry into a separate file to import into the main file so I don't have to keep re-inventing the proverbial wheel. biggrin.gif