Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Window 7 64 bit and Mastercam

Code_Breaker

Working good in my tests with it. I did not install it in the programs files. I did a straight to Main drive install like old version. I did have to turn on XP compatibility mode, but after that only problem I have had is graphics related and running the latest and greatest nivdia drivers but minor thing no dealing with it. This is Ultimate and looking at which Professional has when I but it for me I will just stick with professional problem is I got 4 computers I would upgrade and that is going to wait till probably 2011.

We are actually beginning the change over here at S4A to Windows 7.

Several of our training systems have it, we are working as time permits to change over our daily use systems to it.

We ran an internal benchmark file.

On my current Vista machine, it took 23+ minutes

both a x64 and x86 Windows 7 machines crunched just over 19 minutes and change. They were within 5 seconds of each other.

This morning we built an XP system with all of the same hardware running the windows7 machines so that we can benchmark the difference, using the same hardware between XP and windows 7

Running XP64 right now. Hardly seems worth the bother for 10%. Plus, if U have to put it in XP mode and turn off the eye candy, what's the point.

I'll wait till I get a new PC, which is not in the near future for me.

Mike Mattera

Intel Quad Core (Q9550)

ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe

with 8GB Ram on Win XP64 SP2

2 - 22" Acer screens

(But I wish I hade me one of those Vic 20's)

I updated to Window 7 64 bits without changing the "compatibility" mode

Having hard times getting several programs to run, but Mastercam X4MU1 seems stable until 2nd instance open up ... if saving the file at the same time, one goes into "not responding" mode and have to wait until it comes back on ... looking into this now ...