Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mass edit arc start/end angles

Thad

Is there a way to mass edit the arc start and end angles? Certain jobs have a lot of open arcs that I need to machine as if they're closed. "Close arc" does this just fine, but then chaining is a pain becuase I can't click thru them real fast because the start angle is different on each arc. Clicking one area of one arc will climb cut, then clicking the same area on the next arc will conventional cut because of the start angles.

Thad

Hi Thad,

I bet a VB Script could do this pretty easy. Have it take each open arc and create a new arc with the same diameter and a new start/end point aligned with X 0°, then delete the original arc. Maybe have a prompt that asks if you want to perform this on all arcs, or pick individual arcs from the graphics window...

Now you've got me thinking...

I could see where this would be super useful.

Martin,

AI Utility makes it a 2 step process, if I'm following it right. First, make all start angles 0, then make all sweep angles 360. Is that what you're doing?

I'm a big fan of AI Utility and I completely overlooked this one. cheers.gif

Thad

Martin,

It's only a one step process if you already have a closed arc. Closing the arc and getting the start angle at 0 degrees can be done by using the 2 AI Utility features, or by using MC's close arc, then the arc start angle AI Utility feature.

When I only have a couple arcs to do, I use Analyze, then change the arc angles there. That closes the arc AND puts the start angle where I want it in one step. That's too much work for a bunch of holes, thus the purpose of this thread.

AI Utility makes pretty quick work of it.

Thad