Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem with Lathe verify

Leigh @ Kodiak

I'm pretty new to MC Lathe, so I'm sure my problem is just something silly that I have missed.

latheissue.jpg

xxxx you can see in the picture, my tool path and stock display are clearly showing as being horizontal, but when I run in Verify it shows as machining in a taper. Also when running verify, the tool is making movements that are not in the tool path.

Anybody have any guesses as to what I am doing wrong?

This looks like a Control Comp issue to me

There is a setting at:

System Config

Verify Interface

Verify Settings

"Cutter Comp in Control"

Is it checked or unchecked..

try it both ways and see if it helps

You may need to restart Mastercam

for setting changes to take effect

If you are using Control Comp

try it with computer comp.

Never really determined what the issue was here. At the suggestion of my re-seller, I reprogrammed the part using top as WCS. For some reason, MC creates a plane the same as TOP all on it's own to use as TPlane and Cplane. This new plane is the same as TOP plane headscratch.gif Have not ran into this same problem since.

I used all the same tools, posts, machine defs, verify settings etc. Only thing I did different was chance the default WCS. headscratch.gif

I just want to say here that some of the behaviors in Lathe seem mystifying to me. Just as I think I have it figured out and cruising along, some other oddity will crop up to ruin my day.