Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2D HST IN 304 SS

billet programmer

I haven't used any of the high speed toolpaths yet so I've been looking to try it out. I have an application in 304 SS that I would like to try it out in. I have to machine 30 3" holes thru 1" plate.

Do any of you have any experience with HST in 304? Is this a good application for a high speed toolpath? if so, which one?

Thanks a lot in advance. I've been visiting this forum a lot lately and always learn something, so thanks to all of you.

Are they round holes? If so and you got h.p. i'd say drilling would be the quickest. Or at least pop a hole in first so you don't have to wear the end of the tool off getting in there, then 2d pocket spiral with like a 5% stepover to use the full flute length. That is if the hole is roundish, and you can't drill that big from the get go.

+1 for the circle mill + roughing

1 drill thru

2 plunge in center

3 rough with 15% step over and a high feed and uncheck the helix roughing

i use 1/2 niagara stabilizer at 4500RPM and 120 IPM in 304 on a rigid machine, if it's not i simply cut the feed rate

PS dynamic dont seems to work well in round holes , circ mill will give you a better result and you can use cutter comp