Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Working with SW files in MCX4

PeterDnz

Can someone point me to some guidance on working with SW files in MC. I'm not a SW user. But started importing SW parts and assemblies and getting WCS and orientation issues. I'd like to know how SW files need to be configured so that they import with useful WCS/origins etc. And do I use assemblies or just parts? I'm working with furniture and cabinet assemblies which are being toolpathed and nested so if the parts can be given WCS before coming into MC it would be helpful but I'm only assuming this is the way to do it. This I'm sure is basic stuff for most of you guys, so I hope you can give me your advice. Thanks.

Peter..

check out SolidWorks coordinate systems in the

Referencence Menu..

Create one that coresponds to the desired origin,

X Y and Z axis you would like to see in Mastercam.

Now Save As.. choose parasolid (X_B or T)

from the file drop down..

Click the Options dropdown on the Save As page.

You will see your cordinate system there.

Select it and save the file ( part or assembly)

as a parasolid.

When you open the parasoild in Mastercam, it will be aligned as you defined it in SolidWorks.

Leigh,

I think 'cunder' is on the right track.

I've seen this happen too...we won't offer a Configuration as a choice if it has not been rebuilt before being saved. It's a technical issue related to the DLL we get from SW for opening their files. The solid data we're looking for is not always available and there's nothing we can do about that.