Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lead in & out

Odell

Thanks..I have a closed contour and was wandering if there was a way to enter on one side of the part and exit out the other. I usually post the program and then edit it and typ in the lead in and out by hand. Just looking for a shortcut. appreciate the help. wink.gif

quote:

I have a closed contour and was wandering if there was a way to enter on one side of the part and exit out the other.

If I understand you correctly try using the overlap function on the lead in/out page. It will mean the tool runs along the already cut part until it gets to the other side of the contour but it sounds like that might be what you are looking for. Just increase or decrease the overlap amount until you get the desired effect

Odell,

What I like to do is select partial chain and select the check box that says wait. Then you can select your chain one entitiy at a time going all the way around the part then selecting your first entity again as your last last piece of geometry. As an example if your where chaining around a square you would select the front line, left line, top line, right line, then the front line again. Use a tangent lead in/out with no arc or sweep value and your endmill will enter parallel to the front, cut around your part, then cut across the front again and exit parallel to the front. This leaves no witness mark anywhere on your part. Make sure you turn off infinate look ahead. With this feature turned off and partial chain set to wait you can chain around your part as many times as you want and you don't have to calculate anything.