Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Off line programing software

ERIC14779

nope James,

They want the "fill in the blanks" type of assistance. They do not want to learn a CAM package.

The primary employee is near retirement age and the investment to learn MC entry is not economical.

There must be some of this type of software availible to buy stand alone.

I know that Bridgeport will sell you a off line package like this to run on a separate computer. I do not know if they will sell it without a machine.

Do you want it for a Hass or Bridgeport? I have some old old stuff that came with a Bridgeport machine. It runs in DOS and the entire program is 700Kb. Yeah, it's that old, but since your guy is old too, he might like it. I'm sure Bridgeport wont mind since they were giving this software away to anyone with bridgeport machine.

[ 08-10-2002, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: beav700 ]

It is a kind funny that push someone else's Cam in the MasterCam's forum.

It is very exepensive to make their name known by thousands CAM users World wide. They can do it for free here.

Anyway, I might find something for you in my office Monday. I have just received a catalog that talk about a software could be what you are looking for.

If I found the name, I would send you E-mail privately. I will not promote other CAM products here.

Can CNC make something like that? Sounds like there is a market.

It is late now. Good night!

[ 08-11-2002, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: David S ]

""I will not promote other CAM products here.""

CAM product? The software I have is 12 years old and it is not a CAM software by any means. It's a conversational program simular to EZ-TRAK where you fill in the spaces. You can't even draw anything (lines,arcs) or use any type of graphics in it.

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful Sunday morning.

Sorry Beav, I did not talk about you or those well-known dinosaurs. I talk about myself and the new(?)software in that catalog. This "CAM" is simple and neat prety much like Eric asked for "There must be some of this type of software availible to buy stand alone."

Have a nice Sunday! cheers.gifbiggrin.gifcool.gif

Eric, What I have done in the past is to write a basic program that uses every option available for that machine; e.g. drilling, deep drilling, tapping, circular interpolation, thread milling, etc. The guys could cut and paste what they needed and then change the numbers in the program like drill depth, speeds, and feeds. This is very handy and fast if the guys know the basics for programming. Always save the original program for future back-ups when the guys change that program before they cut and paste. Hope this helps. It is the cheapest way out and will save alot of time and money. wink.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hypothetical Question here;

If a software company were to go out of business, and the code was not put in escrow or sold, who woudl own the code? Could a software license be enforced? WHo would press for action?

Just curious...