Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Accessing Mazak Tool Offset Data 640M Fusion

Dave.L

Greetings All,

Does anyone know how to pull the tool offset data from a Mazak 640M fusion control? I know how to write the data using G10, I now need to know how to read the data.

Here is what I sent my Mazak Dealer:

I have a situation where I am using a T-Slot cutter with two different length offsets so I can control the top of the slot and the bottom. The tool is No. 7 and the first length offset is 7 where the next length offset is 77. The tool length will be what the probe measures and we will use length wear to adjust. With that said, the tool length for 7 and 77 will always be the same (geometry offset).

Of course, I see the problem where an operator does not enter a value for 77 and the machine crashes. So, I want to add a G10 statement to my program to always set the tool length geometry offset of 77 equal to 7.

Ex. G10 L10 P77 R[#XXXX] Where XXXX is the variable registrar tool length geometry offset 7.

I think the machine has pre determined variables for the tool offsets and I need to know how to access them so I can complete my G10 line of code.

Can you help me locate the pre-determined system variables for tool offset data?

Unless you have your Mazak set to use ignore Mazak Tool Data and use the EIA Tool Offset page, what you want to do won't work the way you plan.

Just get a Mazak manual and look up the EIA Tool Offset variable numbers.

quote:

Unless you have your Mazak set to use ignore Mazak Tool Data and use the EIA Tool Offset page, what you want to do won't work the way you plan.

Yes, we don't use Mazak tool data, we use tool offset 100%

quote:

Just get a Mazak manual and look up the EIA Tool Offset variable

I have the manuals and I did look it up but it's like reading greek. Not the best manuals.

quote:

Been awhile but you want something like,

#10007=#10077 after you set T7

Don't know if you can use a #variable in G10 lines.

Yes, you can use variables in G10 lines, I do it now all the time.

quote:

Might have moved the tool offset variables to the #15000 series of variables on some of the newer controls.

That's the issue, I don't know the variables for the tool offsets. I need a table or cross reference of these.

Joe788, where are you my Mazak buddy?

Dave, this is actually in the manual somewhere. I believe tool 1 offset= 60001, tool 2 offset =60002, etc.

So, you just measure tool 7 with the probe, and then:

#60077=#60007

IF#60077LT[#60007-.001]GOTO555

IF#60077GT[#60007+.001]GOTO555

GOTO666

N555 M00 (WTF?)

N666 (YAY!)

tryon,

Not a bag idea except we prefer to adjust tools with the tool offsets, just easier for operators to remember. Plus I would then need to figure out how to get mastercam to post this out. Also, it would not be apparent on our X+ op sheet like it is now.

Once I figure out the too variables, I can add a manual entry in MC and it will be done.