Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G94/G95

cormigu

quote:

Yes, this is a new feature of the Haas control. G95 will interpret any feed value as Feed Per Rev. When G95 is active, a spindle revolution will result in a travel distance specified by the feed value. If Setting 9, DIMENSIONING, is set to INCH, then the feed value (F) will be taken as inches/rev. If Setting 9 is set to MM, then the feed will be taken as mm/rev. The G95 mode will stay effective until another feed mode, such as G94, Feed Per Minute, has been specified.

Note that the default at power-up is G94. Feed Override and Spindle Override will affect the behavior of the machine while G95 is active. When a spindle override is selected, any change in the spindle speed will result in a corresponding change in feed in order to keep the chip load uniform. However, if a feed override is selected, then any change in the feed override will only affect the feedrate and not the spindle. A command block that contains a tap cycle will ignore any feed and spindle overrides, and perform that block at 100%. Setting 56, RESTORE DEFAULT G, will determine whether or not an M30 should reset the Feed Per Rev mode. If this setting is enabled, then an M30 at the end of a program will reset this mode to its default G94, Feed Per Minute, mode. Alarm 309, EXCEEDED MAX FEEDRATE, will be generated if the combination of spindle speed and feed value (F) exceeds the limit specified by Parameter 59, MAX FEED IN/MIN.

Sincerely, Haas Applications

• Like 1

There is a switch in the post to switch from feed per rev to in per minute. This should switch yor f line from pitch to feed and get rid of g95. If I stop a program in the middle of a tapping cycle and try to restart without cancleing g95 my machine will not move. I stay in in per minute and and calculate my feed in tool library.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

IPM sucks for tapping. You gotta get your calculator out if you want to change a feed or speed. With IPR, your feed rate is ALWAYS the pitch of the tap, and you just adjust speed to go faster or slower.

M29 is Rigid Tapping active on some machines. Consult your Machine Tool Programming guide for specifics relative to your machine.

HTH

use_pitch : 0 #0 = Use feed for tapping, 1 = Use pitch for tapping

rigid_tap : 1 #0 = Floating tap output, 1 = Rigid tap output (suppress spindle output and output M29)

This is what I have in my post,(mpmaster). Once you set the pitch of your tool in tool parameters

feed will automaticly change when you change speed in your operation tool paremeter. IPR may be easier but I'm old and set in my ways.